Thursday, March 1, 2012

TAST 2012 #9 Couching Stitch

I just finished my little picture using the couching technique.  I guess I think of it more like that then a particular stitch--because you can use different stitches to hold down the thread, ribbon, or yarn that you are couching onto your fabric.

My idea for what to do came from something I had drawn in my sketchbook when I was just waiting around for some reason.


I drew something similar onto my felt within a four inch square with a water soluble marker.
I tried different yarns and ribbons for couching down and used detached chain stitch, straight stitch, Romanian couching, and the herringbone stitch (which was my favorite one to use) to anchor those yarns down.

Some of the work was a bit annoying--mainly because I was doing such a small picture and I had to anchor the larger yarns down a lot,
but I like the overall effect.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on SF and liked it. i like all the different stitches you used it makes the scene very interesting.

    ReplyDelete